Historical notes

Is the seconda Chiesa after Cattedrale of Palermo and dates from XV sec . but his current facility is typically Barocco because it was ricostruita in 1640 . The imposing façade dates back to 1726 instead. Following the opening of the via Roma homonymous square in 1853, the Chiesa of San Domenico Pantheon the of Palermo . The grandeur of the Church, with its heavy columns each 16 16 tons, followed by the progressive expansion of the domenicani order in Sicilia . Among the famous palermitani buried in the aisles are located, Emerico Amari and filosofo Economist, Garibaldi, Giacinto Carini Patriots, Camillo Finocchiaro Aprile Member of Gaetano Daita , Regno d'Italia and Vincenzo Florio , entrepreneur and patron.

Church san Domenico

Tue-sat
dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00


Cloisters and annexes to the convent

Tue-sat
dalle ore 9.00 alle ore 13.00


Boardroom Calendar

reservations required

Address:

Piazza San Domenico, 1 - 90133 Palermo
Tel. +39  338 7228775
Tel2. +39 338 4512011


bus:

bus 101 102 103 104 107 122


Visit website



Our Conventions

Admission free until 14 years

PMO CARD inputs facilities

Valid only for the owner of the PMO CARD

fair (day)
22°